Flowering Plants Lab
- pages 19-21: these pages focus on the different parts of a plant including the stem, roots, leaves, and root and shoot system. Most of the answers to these questions can be found in the book and the notes that we took in class. And if someone did not get to see the roots of the plants in the classroom, they looked similar the the root system at the top of page 20
- pages 21-22: these pages are review of the differences of monocots and dicots
- page 23: this page focus on roots and many of the answers are in the notes packet and book
- pages 24-27: these pages dealt with the cross sections of plant roots and stems and their specific parts. Remember, monocots and dicots have differences in their root and shoot cross sections which explains the difference in looks of the cross sections. Note: we did not do the celery stalk lab
- buttercup root cross section -----monocot root cross section
- pages 28-30: these are pages dealing with dicot woody stem plants and recognizing the different parts of them. Just saying, it is much easier to answer the questions if you read the information that is given beforehand.
- pages 30-32: they deal with the parts of a leaf in general and there are many of the same terms that we saw earlier on in the lab.
- Pages 33-34: these are review questions based on the lab and are a very good source of review.
Just as a reminder, remember to label all of images as the directions say to do and label and write the magnification of all of your drawings that you viewed in the microscope.
work on UP 19-34
UP 41-54 -> due on monday
yellow chapter 28 study guide -> due on monday